Work Location: Dulles, VA
Epic Systems is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment with new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Epic Systems is seeking a DevSecOpsSystems Engineer to support the Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) activities with AWS experience to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities. The DevSecOps team is responsible for the Program’s Platform-as-a-Service operating environment, automation and self-service Linux platform provisioning, hybrid (public and private) cloud management. Responsibilities may also include supporting the ART as a SAFe Product Owner (Cyber) to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
• Working alone on individual projects while being involved in larger projects as a team effort with minimal supervision of the Team Leads.
• Supporting the development of system security documentation on both new and deployed DevSecOps solutions.
• Supporting the development of new DevSecOps capabilities.
• Supporting the operations and maintenance aspects of deployed DevSecOps capabilities.
• Building, testing, and administering Kubernetes clusters, including Amazon EKS and Red Hat OpenShift.
• Assisting application teams with on-boarding to a Kubernetes platform in areas such as resource requirements, capacity analysis, and troubleshooting support.
• Active Secret (S) clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
• Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
• 10+ years of applicable experience
• 4+ years of directly relevant experience in AWS, Enterprise Linux, Kubernetes (OpenShift or EKS), Container Development, Ansible or Chef Development, Pipeline Development, Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory or Nexus, SonarQube, Twistlock, Cloudbees, Terraform, CloudWatch
• Experience working in an agile development environment
• Experience implementing DISA STIG settings
• Experience working with Ansible Tower or AWX
• Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques
• Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following database technologies: SQL, Oracle, MySQL, JBDC, NOSQL
Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
• AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
• Certifications related to Agile development and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) such as Scrum Master, Product Owner, SAFe Agilist (SA), SAFe Practitioner (SP) or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)