Work Location: Dulles, VA
Epic Systems is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Epic Systems is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to assess, design, and develop automated cloud-based requirements and architectures and develop derived requirements and systems engineering artifacts into advanced cloud infrastructure, management, and operations.
– Providing Systems Engineering project leadership in support of a large, leading edge cybersecurity system.
– Coordinating teams in the development, integration, and testing of advanced leading-edge cybersecurity, with the assistance of the Design & Development Lead and Chief Engineer
– Interfacing directly with the Customer, stakeholders, and end-users regarding priorities, capability architectures, requirements, use cases, and stories to derive, develop and decompose next-cycle updates and specifications
– Representing the voice of the user in development
– Collaborating within Agile Release Trains and Agile Teams
– Supporting risk assessments and developing risk mitigation countermeasures
– Providing Systems Engineering expertise and leadership in support of a large cybersecurity system
– Must have an active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
– Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
– 8+ years of directly relevant systems engineering experience such as allocation of hardware and software requirements, development of use cases and stories, Detailed design of system components, and direct automation / orchestration experience with larger systems
– Proven leadership skills and meaningful experience successfully leading large teams
– Able to effectively work as a leader, in a group, or as an independent individual contributor
– Experience working in an Agile development environment in a leadership role
– Possesses or quickly develops a comprehensive understanding of Government Information Security policies, regulations, and guidelines
– Advanced experience with AWS / Azure cloud deployment and management tools
– Expertise in automation of infrastructure – deployment, configuration, and orchestration
– Direct experience with scripting in JSON, YAML, HCL, Python, bash/PSH and/or CloudFormation/ Terraform
– Knowledge and experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or similar lean Agile framework
– Experience with Cloud Service Providers (AWS, Azure) and cloud architecture, design, and implementation – DevSecOps or DevOps experience
– Experience and/or familiarity with software and system lifecycle methodologies, (e.g ISO, CMMI, ITIL, etc.)
– Experience and/or familiarity of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and security and privacy controls (NIST 800-37 and NIST 800-53)
– DHS experience.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
– SAFe certification (SA, SP, SSM/SASM, RTE, POPM, SPD, ASE, or SPC)
– AWS Cloud Practitioner
– AWS Solutions Architect – Associate / Pro
– DoD 8570.1 IAT Level I or II (e.g., CISSP)