Work Location: Dulles, VA
Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cyber Protection Solutions (CPS) is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to assess, design, and develop automated cloud-based requirements and architectures and develop derived requirements and systems engineering artifacts into advanced cloud infrastructure, management, and operations.
– Providing Systems Engineering project leadership in support of a large, leading edge cybersecurity system.
– Coordinating teams in the development, integration, and testing of advanced leading-edge cybersecurity, with the assistance of the Design & Development Lead and Chief Engineer
– Interfacing directly with the Customer, stakeholders, and end-users regarding priorities, capability architectures, requirements, use cases, and stories to derive, develop and decompose next-cycle updates and specifications
– Representing the voice of the user in development
– Collaborating within Agile Release Trains and Agile Teams
– Supporting risk assessments and developing risk mitigation countermeasures
– Providing Systems Engineering expertise and leadership in support of a large cybersecurity system
– Must have an active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
– Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
– 10+ years of directly relevant systems engineering experience such as allocation of hardware and software requirements, development of use cases and stories, Detailed design of system components, and direct automation / orchestration experience with larger systems
– Proven leadership skills and meaningful experience successfully leading large teams
– Able to effectively work as a leader, in a group, or as an independent individual contributor
– Experience working in an Agile development environment in a leadership role
– Possesses or quickly develops a comprehensive understanding of Government Information Security policies, regulations, and guidelines
– Advanced experience with AWS / Azure cloud deployment and management tools
– Expertise in automation of infrastructure – deployment, configuration, and orchestration
– Direct experience with scripting in JSON, YAML, HCL, Python, bash/PSH and/or CloudFormation/ Terraform
– Knowledge and experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or similar lean Agile framework
– Experience with Cloud Service Providers (AWS, Azure) and cloud architecture, design, and implementation – DevSecOps or DevOps experience
– Experience and/or familiarity with software and system lifecycle methodologies, (e.g ISO, CMMI, ITIL, etc.)
– Experience and/or familiarity of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and security and privacy controls (NIST 800-37 and NIST 800-53)
– DHS experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
– SAFe certification (SA, SP, SSM/SASM, RTE, POPM, SPD, ASE, or SPC)
– AWS Cloud Practitioner
– AWS Solutions Architect – Associate / Pro