Work Location: Dulles, VA
Epic Systems is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Epic is seeking a Data Engineer to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
• Collaborate with software developers and architects to conceptualize and implement database schemas in alignment with microservice architecture principles.
• Leverage experience as a SQL database administrator and SQL database developer to craft robust solutions.
• Utilize data analytics techniques to derive valuable insights from the data stored within our databases.
• Harness the power of Erwin to streamline and optimize database design processes.
• Work within an Agile development framework, adapting quickly to evolving requirements and delivering results efficiently.
• Bring your expertise in one or more of the following database platforms: MS SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, MySQL, to bear on assigned projects.
• Develop and maintain high-performance RDBMS database solutions that stand as paragons of reliability and scalability.
• Be the go-to expert for optimizing SQL queries and database performance, ensuring optimal response times and resource utilization.
• Diagnose and resolve database-related issues with agility and precision.
• Establish stringent data security measures and access controls to uphold data integrity and compliance with security policies.
• Oversee and manage all aspects of database performance, including capacity planning and backups.
• Collaborate closely with DevOps teams to automate database deployment and management processes.
• Actively participate in code reviews, lending your considerable expertise to software developers on database-related matters.
• Stay at the forefront of the industry, continuously updating your knowledge of the latest database technologies and best practices.
• Apply your understanding of Service SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture) and object-oriented principles to align database solutions with broader architectural goals.
• Must have an active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
• Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability.
• 10+ years of directly relevant experience as an SQL database developer/engineer
• Proficiency in data analytics techniques to extract actionable insights from the data.
• Extensive experience with Erwin for efficient database design.
• Agile development mindset, with a track record of success in Agile environments.
• Expertise in one or more of the following database platforms: MS SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, MySQL.
• Exceptional skills in crafting and optimizing complex SQL queries for peak database performance.
• Proven ability to diagnose and resolve intricate database-related issues swiftly.
• Strong background in implementing data security and access controls.
• Demonstrated capability in overseeing database performance, including capacity planning and backup strategies.
• Familiarity with DevOps practices and tools for automating database deployment and management.
• Outstanding problem-solving skills and a demonstrated ability to thrive in cross-functional team environments.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Experience with other database technologies (e.g., NoSQL databases).
• Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and object-oriented principles.
• Proficiency as a full lifecycle developer/administrator for comprehensive database management.
BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
• DoD 8570.1 IAT Level I or II