Work Location: Dulles, VA
Epic Systems is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment with new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Epic is seeking a Systems Administrator with VDI experience to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
– Providing Systems Engineering expertise and leadership in support of a large cybersecurity system
– Assisting the Chief Engineer and the Development teams in the development, integration, and testing of advanced leading-edge cybersecurity capabilities
– Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the system design and implementation of advanced cybersecurity capabilities
– Interfacing directly with the Customer, stakeholders, and end-users regarding capability architectures, requirements, use cases, and stories to derive, develop and decompose next-cycle updates and specifications
– Supporting risk assessments and developing risk mitigation countermeasures
– Conducting trade studies to determine improvements to system capabilities and system delivery processes (hardware, software, architecture, automated deployments, training).
– Working alone on individual projects while being involved in larger projects as a team effort with minimal supervision of the lead systems engineer
– Experience with creating, updating, and maintaining master VDI images for multiple desktop pools. Experience or familiarity with performing system updates and patches via various methods to include SCCM, Altiris, and etc.
– Experience with developing system architecture documentations, diagrams, standards of operating, Systems Administration Guides (SAG), Concept of Operations (CONOPS), System Design Documentation (SDD), and MS Visio for creating visual illustrations such as System Viewpoints (SV) and, etc.
– Experience with working closely with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI: particularly VMware Horizon stack), and in-dept understanding of the components that comprise a VDI environment to include VMware Cloud Foundation, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), Dynamic Environment Manager (DEM), Application Virtualization (AppVol), and etc..
– Experience with and have the ability to perform routine evaluation of VDI systems for improvement opportunities and make recommendation for enhancement
– Experience with Cloud Technologies and VMC GovCloud. Have an in-depth understanding of how the VDI system interacts with and is dependent on other core IT infrastructure and systems
– Experience or familiarity with regional and geographical load balancing technologies to distribute inbound user traffic evenly between two (or more) different VDI sites
– Supporting the operations and maintenance aspects of deployed capabilities including troubleshooting complex issues requiring escalated support, serve as a technical subject matter expert
– Active Secret (S) clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
– Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability (EOD)
– Must have a minimum of 3 years of related experience administrating a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
– 8+ years of directly relevant and hands-on Windows or LINUX systems administration experience
– Must have in-depth knowledge of OS installations, security hardening and maintenance
– Comfortable with building physical and virtual servers from scratch
– Ability to deploy and integrate new applications that may be requested
– Capable of quickly learning new applications that run on various operating systems for testing and deployment.
– Experience with administration and management of servers to include installation, configuration, optimization, backup & recovery
– Experience with performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying, and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
– Familiarity of configuration management
– Maintain the security compliance and configuration management of the VDI system
– Experience working in an agile DevSecOps development environment
– Comfortable with multilevel security systems, and/or Cross Domain Solutions is a plus
– Experience with physical and virtual (VMware) RHEL servers including Red Hat Satellite Servers
– Experience with automation via scripting in PowerShell, Python, Perl or Ruby
– Experience with Active Directory, DFS, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy Management.
– Experience working in AWS/Azure via the CLI and management console. Knowledge and experience configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
– DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II