Work Location: Pensacola, FL
Epic Systems is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats.
Epic Systems is seeking a Network Administrator to support the design, development, and deployment of a new DevOps infrastructure and advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
This is a 3rd shift position.
Some domestic travel will be required.
• Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the implementation of advanced cybersecurity capabilities, including the selection of hardware and software and the design of infrastructure services required to enable the cybersecurity capabilities.
• Maintaining current knowledge of hardware and software applications.
• Work with engineering to develop high quality technical documentation, including user guides, test plans, and contract deliverable items and supporting product line training.
• Backup and restore network device configuration
• Break fix actions/O&M
• Upgrading network equipment
• Port Open Requests- Implement firewall policies
• Sustainment of CISA networking architecture
• Expected to do some installation work. Cable/equipment
• Monitors the status of the network and responds to issues/ticket requests that occur
• Must have a current Secret Clearance with TS SCI eligibility.
• Must be able to obtain DHS suitability prior to starting employment.
• Must have 6+ years of professional networking experience.
• Must have TCP/IP networking, encryption, firewalls, and SNMP-based network management.
• In depth knowledge and advanced troubleshooting experience in regard to Layer 2 functionality and protocols in a Cisco/Juniper environment.
• Experience with troubleshooting and implementing Layer 3 routing protocols over a multi-site environment in a Cisco/Juniper environment.
• Must have a firm knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting IPSEC and firewall architecture
• Must have a firm knowledge of LAN/WAN protocols.
• Infrastructure-related certifications preferred such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA-Junos), Juniper Networks Certified Specialist Security (JNCIS-SEC), Juniper Networks Certified Professional Security (JNCIP-SEC)
• Experience specifically with BGP and OSPF routing protocols.
• Experience using network monitoring and automation tools for troubleshooting and task simplification.
• Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques.
• Experience troubleshooting and implementing VPN technologies.
• Experience implementing firewall-based policies using Juniper firewalls.
Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience
•A master’s degree in a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of experience
•Professional experience may be substituted for a degree.
This is a hybrid position. The selected candidate is required to be ON-SITE for break/fix (within 2 hrs), scheduled maintenance, etc.